Bali is a paradise that has more than lived up to our expectations. While we often worry that a place is overhyped or a tourist trap once it becomes internationally known as a top destination, we’ve found ourselves surprised and pleased with the atmosphere and location. We just left Ubud for Kuta before we go to a more secluded island for a few days, but we wanted to share some highlights of Bali in the meantime. Enjoy some photos and stay tuned for more descriptive posts with more pictures later on!
1. Rice terraces in Ubud, Bali. A truly stunning place.
2. A family of monkeys posing in the Sacred Monkey Sanctuary of Ubud, Bali.
3. River running through the forest of the monkey sanctuary.
4. Stephanie walking through the Ubud market.
5. Scooters lined up at the Ubud market.
6. A farmer plants rice at the rice terraces.
7. Drinking cat-poo-chinos at a coffee plantation north of town. The coffee is eaten by luwak cats then harvested from their poop. Yummmm!
8. Ryan makes a friend with a curious monkey.
9. Offerings stand at the start of the eco-ridge hike near a bridge.
10. View of the eco-ridge hike on a beautiful day.