We are officially on vacation! It is winter break in Korea, and we have a long 2 week break before having to go back to school. I know, 2 weeks doesn’t seem that long, but in Korea school is year round. We have been so busy throughout the holidays and the end of the year and we are beyond excited to be taking a break!
For the next two weeks we will be exploring Southeast Asia in Thailand and Cambodia. Last summer when we traveled to the Philippines, Air Asia changed our flight times. The time change actually worked in our favor, but they still gave us two $60 flight vouchers as consolation. We were able to book a free flight from Thailand to Cambodia as a result!
Here is our two week itinerary for Thailand and Cambodia! After we get back we will go into more details about our accommodations and costs, so be sure to check back later.
- We’ve booked a round trip flight from Seoul to Bangkok.
- We will then fly to Phuket where we will spend the day exploring the area on a motorbike.
- The next day, we have a four hour bus south to Trang where we will then commission a longtail boat to take us to the island of Koh Mook where we will spend the next two nights in a beach hut.
Photo Credit: Life’s A Journee (source)
- Another longtail boat will take us to another nearby island of Koh Kradan where we will spend another night on the beach snorkeling and swimming.
- We will find transportation either by land or sea back to Phuket where we will await our evening flight back to Bangkok.
- Our free flight will take us from Bangkok to Phnom Phen in Cambodia where we will spend another 2 and a half days diving into Cambodia’s history by visiting the museums and the killing fields.
- We’ll take a cross country bus to Siem Reap where we will hang out at the famous Angkor Wat temple and meet up with a few of our friends who will be there at the same time.
- A bus/train combo will take us back across the border to Bangkok where we will spend our last 3 days before flying back to Korea.
Photo Credit: Living in Another Language (source)
It’s going to be quite a whirlwind of a trip, but we are beyond excited! We will keep you posted via Facebook and Instagram, so be sure to follow along!